Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Comic Gazing for: 6/09/10

So instead of putting up my Comic Gazing post on Wednesday night as I usually do, I figured I'd put it up a day early... And to be perfectly honest with you, I think I'll be permanently moving Comic Gazing to Tuesdays from now on. Why not look at the upcoming books a day in advance as opposed to the day they're coming out? As for tomorrow, I am HOPING to put up 4(yes FOUR!)new reviews, although we'll see how that works out... What will I be reviewing? My current favorite for mini-series of the year, War of the Supermen #1-4. I read all four issues last night before going to bed, and I've got to say I was EXTREMELY impressed. If you want to know just how impressed I was, you'll have to check back tomorrow! But that's later, let's get back to the here and now and check out which books will be on my pull list.

Batgirl #11: Yes please!!! Interest Level: 10 out of 10.

Batman #700: Ugh, it's written by Grant Morrison, and he's going to be spotlighting his boy Damian Wayne in it... I'll say it again, UGH! Interest Level: 5 out of 10.

Booster Gold #33: Interest Level: 7 out of 10.

Justice League Generation Lost #3: Last issue was awesome, but with the unfortunate arrival of the fake Blue Beetle I get the feeling this mini is about to take a nosedive... Interest Level: 8 out of 10.

Outsiders #30: This is a book that's BARELY still on my pull list... Interest Level: 5 out of 10.

Secret Six #22: This is another comic that's barely staying on the old pull list. Interest Level: 5 out of 10.

Titans #24: I'm cautiously optimistic about this comic... Interest Level: 8 1/2 out of 10.

Avengers Academy #1: Hank Pym leading a bunch of Avengers newbies?!? Written by Christos Gage? Hell yeah! Interest Level: 9 1/2 out of 10.

Captain America #606: Well, I can't say I like the premise of this story(Baron Zemo back to his evil roots), but Ed Brubaker has yet to let me down, so we'll see what happens... Interest Level: 9 out of 10.

Daredevil #507: Interest Level: 7 1/2 out of 10.

Invincible Iron Man #27: That's right, I'm going to give the Iron Man series a shot! Trust me, nobody is more surprised then me! Interest Level: 6 1/2 out of 10.

SHEILD #2: *shrugs* Interest Level: 5 out of 10.

Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #3: Interest Level: 2 out of 10.

Uncanny X-Men #525: Nope, won't be reading this... Interest Level: 0 out of 10.

Young Allies #1: What the hell, I'll give this first issue a shot. Interest Level: 6 out of 10.

And it finally seems to be happening... Marvel edges out DC this week by a count of 8 to 7! Although to be honest, I'm only getting Uncanny X-Men because it's one of my subscription titles, and I have NO intention of reading it, but still, number-wise Marvel comes out on top this week. With the way both companies have been going lately, I'm not really THAT surprised, although I did think it was going to take Marvel a bit longer before they took the crown from DC. Oh well, Long Live Marvel and Avengers Assemble!!!

17 comments:

  1. Wooooooo comic gazing!! I have no idea why, but I always look forward to your comic gazing posts. I guess to see what the king of comics is thinking when it comes to the comics he's interested in.


    As for myself I'm soo anxious to read: Batgirl, Generation Lost.

    Iffy about Batman, I'm hoping since it's issue 700 it'll be interesting. Even though the ONLY good thing Morrison has EVER written was The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul, fucking fantastic read, and the stuff from 52 was good.

    Hope you have some good reads this upcoming comic week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did JT tell you to say that about Morrison just to see if he could get a rise out of me? Hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmao, I wish I had Marc, but I didn't, it was all Sinestr-X and his evil ways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless ya meant Falisha.... in that case.. yes, yes I did :D Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lmao Marc, lol no JT didn't. I guess you can add me to the "I hate Grant Morrison" club. His writing doesn't exite me like other comic writers. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Batgirl, Generation Lost, Titans, Young Allies (no, wait, scratch that last one, it was The Children's Crusade I was interested in. Don't know Young Allies - looks alright though, will have a flick through when I next go to the comic shop in a couple of weeks)...

    Grant Morrison has up and down moments, he's a real swing of a writer...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, lots of comments!

    I've got to admit Falisha, my Comic Gazing post is probably my favorite weekly post to put together, probably because it takes the least amount of work to do!

    HA! No Marc, JT didn't put me up to that, it was indeed my evil ways! And just for the record, I'm not a member of the "I hate Grant Morrison" club, I love his Marvel works! Really, I do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, my question was actually in response to Falisha's comment. I know you're a fellow Morrison-lover at heart, X. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea that I have a I hate Grant Morrison club that I didn't even know about.. well we meet on Thursdays, or so I'm told :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, Marc you're too cool dude.

    X, I take your word for it, lol, as for his DC stuff, terrible. Lol.

    And, JT, you're always trying to regulate. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys should read Batman: Gothic. It was some of Grant's first work on the character from the early '90s, with art by Klaus Janson, and it doesn't have anything to do with his current Bat-stuff. Same with Arkham Asylum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. See this is the part where Marc punches me... I HATED Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. Like everything about it, the story, the art, everything. Well I liked Croc in it, but everything else I despised about it bro.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know, I've heard two different opinions about Grant's Arkham work. Half of the reviews I've read have called it character defining stuff, and the other half called it complete garbage! Leave it to you guys to be firmly entrenched on both sides of the fence! I've never read it, but I figure it's one of those things that one of these days I'm bound to get.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, Batman: Gothic is the total opposite of Arkham Asylum, so the fact that you hated AA shouldn't be any indication of how you'll respond to Gothic. It's a conventional plot with conventional art, but superbly well done. It takes place early in Batman's career and doesn't rely on any other stories, written by Morrison or not.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I've heard of Grant's Arkham, but I don't think I've ever heard of Gothic... Next trip to Amazon I'll take a peek around and see what I can dig up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of it either but I did look it up, saw some nice reviews so I'll check my shop for it this week, if they don't have it I'll try Amazon or something.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool, I'm sure you'll probably get it before me JT, so if both you and Marc like it then I'll def make a note to get it ASAP.

    ReplyDelete