Friday, September 17, 2010

Quick Thoughts on: Batman #702

Batman #702: Writer: Mad Grant Morrison. Pencils: Tony Daniels.

Quick Thoughts: This issue rehashes a lot of the Batman stuff from Final Crisis. Batman investigates Orion's murder, gets captured by the rogue Alpha Lantern, tortured by Darkseid's scientists, frees himself and shoots Darkseid, but not before he is hit by the Omega Sanction. We do learn that Darkseid altered reality after sending Bats into the past, thus giving us all the recent Barbatos junk. Thanks Darkseid...

This comic wasn't half bad. I was glad that Grant pretty much said that Darkseid screwed with reality, which makes a lot of the recent events in Batman make more sense. The secret caverns under Wayne Manor, Barbatos, etc, can all be explained away by Darkseid's reality tampering. So I might not like it, but at least that fixes the MANY continuity breaks. I will say that the more I think of it, the more I HATE the fact that Bats shot Darkseid with a gun... Yeah, I know it took place a while ago, but it's just SO wrong on SO many levels.

Score: 7 out of 10.I still say Batman NEVER should have shot Darkseid...

No comments:

Post a Comment