Monday, March 26, 2012

Thunderbolts #171

Last review of the night will see me sticking with Marvel and checking out the latest issue of the soon to be canceled Thunderbolts. After last issues awesome cliffhanger, I can't wait to see what happens between the Evil Thunderbolts and the original T-Bolts.

Thunderbolts #171:

Summary: Songbird winds up going on vacation in Tahiti and is naturally kidnapped by a mad scientist named Dr. Dorcas, who was apparently an old foe of Namor... I have to say, I consider myself VERY well-versed in all things Marvel, and even I have no idea who Dorcas is... Anyway, Dorcas reveals that he had fixed Songbird's powers so she wouldn't need her sound harness anymore... As for why he did it, I'm a bit foggy on that... Anyway, Dorcas heads off to sleep with some(presumably) brainwashed woman, while one of Dorcas's sea creatures licks Songbird's feet... Yes, really. Trust me, I couldn't make shit like that up if I tried... Songbird uses her voice to slightly hypnotize the sea creature and gets free, sending some other sea creatures after Dorcas. And that's pretty much that.

Thoughts: What in the blue hell was THAT?! Seriously, these last few comics I've read have been SO disappointing... Here I was, all happy and expecting an awesome issue featuring a battle between the Evil Thunderbolts and the original Thunderbolts and what do I get? A sea creature licking a woman's feet... Seriously, what more is there to say?

Score: 5 1/2 out of 10.
thunderbolts #171
I've died and gone to comic book hell...

1 comment:

  1. she suddenly looks like delirium of the endless(from sandman)

    ReplyDelete