Saturday, March 31, 2012

I, Vampire #7

First review of this Saturday night is the second part of the JLD/I, Vampire x-over. The first part(which I reviewed yesterday) was okay, let's see if this issue reaches higher than simply “okay”.

I, Vampire #7:

Summary: Andrew Bennett is dead, and his death has unleashed Cain, the first vampire onto the world. Andrew ends up “In the between”, which is where dead vampires go... I guess? While there, Andrew hears a voice telling him his work wasn't finished yet and that he had to return to Earth. Andrew isn't keen on that idea though... Back on Earth, Cain steals all of Mary's vampire minions, which naturally pisses Mary off, and leads to her joining up with the JLD members who were in Gotham City trying to halt the vampire madness. This issue ends with Cain further empowering the vampires in Gotham, while Gotham's defenders fight a losing battle.

Thoughts: I know I've said it before, but it needs to be said again... Meh. Much like JLD #7, this comic wasn't terrible, but if somebody was to stop me tomorrow and ask me what happened in it, I'd be totally blank. It just left no impact. The vampires were acting crazy under Cain's thrall, Andrew isn't really dead dead, since he's talking to a disembodied voice “in the between” and the JLD did nothing of any major note here. This crossover may have made JLD into a slightly better read, but it looks like it's going to be hurting I, Vampire, which I thought was a damn strong series prior to this x-over...

Score: 6 1/2 out of 10.
I, vampire #7
I already told you who it was! A disembodied voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment