Thursday, March 29, 2012

Morning Glories #17

The middle review for the night is the lone Image comic I picked up this week, Morning Glories. Now THIS is a series I can always count on for at least an 8 for a score. It's that good. Here's hoping tha trend continues.

Morning Glories #17:

Summary: So this issue is all about Jade and Ike, who as you may or may not recall, were tasked with watching over Hodge and Casey in that mysterious cave. We learn about Jade's past, her mother's death and the strange prognostication powers she believes she has. Ike, being a dick and all, doesn't buy into Jade's ideas that she could see into the future, and wants to abandon Casey and Hodge, but ends up staying with Jade, showing a bit of a softer side. The two pray(?!?) and when they're done, Hodge and Casey had vanished(to the past as we learned an issue or two ago). This issue ends with the faculty beating up on that Abraham guy(possibly Ike's real father?) and then sending that weird freaky thing that was living in the basement of the school in to see Abraham.

Thoughts: Well, this was kind of boring. Now, as I said in the intro, I do enjoy this series. A lot. But this issue just didn't do it for me. Which is weird since Ike is one of my favorites here. You'd think an issue where he was one of the leads would have been great for me, but alas, it wasn't. I just found all of the talk between Jade and Ike to be, well, like I said, boring. It didn't really do anything except fill us in on Jade's life story, and she's just not a character who I've ever found that interesting. Oh well, they all can't be gold, I guess.

Score: 6 1/2 out of 10.
morning glories #17
There was a whole lot of this in this issue...

No comments:

Post a Comment