Wednesday, March 21, 2012

New Comic Day! March 21st edition

Hey X-Maniacs, X here with a New Comic Day post! Huzzah! I'm actually at work right now, and plan on going to the comic shop when I get out, so I don't actually have any new comics in my hands at this time... However, here's what I expect to get upon hitting the comic shop later on today... Batman #7, Hellblazer #289, Nightwing #7, Red Hood and the Outlaws #7, Supergirl #7, Amazing Spider-Man #682, Avengers: X-Sanctions #4, Deadpool #52, Fear Itself: The Fearless #11, Invincible Iron Man #514, Kick Ass 2 #7, New Mutants #39, Thunderbolts #171, Wolverine #303, X-Factor #233. So that's 15 books up for this week... That's really not that bad a number, but there is a problem with it, which I'll get to later on in this post... This week's Pick of the Litter isn't really that straightforward, as there are A LOT of good to very good books coming out this week. If I could only afford one to read, I'd go with Deadpool #52. The Dead storyline has been pretty good thus far, and with a Deadpool/Daken confrontation on the horizon, I'm really looking forward to this one. X-Sanctions, Kick Ass 2, Batman, Spidey, Iron Man, New Mutants and X-Factor, could all also be really good, which I'm pretty excited about. On the other hand, this week's Runt of the Litter, the book I'd leave at the comic shop if I ran out of money, is Wolverine #303. I'm tired of Wolverine's adventure in Japan. Sure, it hasn't been as bad as I expected it to be, but I'm ready for it to end. Red Hood and Nightwing were also in consideration for this week's Runt. Now, normally a week where I have 15 books would see me doing 2 reviews for 6 nights and 3 reviews on a single night. However, my work schedule this week is a killer, and I'm not sure if I'll have the time to do 2 reviews nightly... I'll try my damnedest, but I'm not making any promises... Take tonight for example... Normally I'd promise two reviews, but since I have an early day of work ahead of me tomorrow, I can't make that promise... I will say I'll definitely review Deadpool, and I'll TRY to review another comic, but that might not happen... We'll see. And that'll do it. Expect 15 new reviews over the course of the next 7 days, but who knows how many reviews I'll be doing per day... Anyway, until next time, X out.

4 comments:

  1. Too bad you didn't pick up Uncanny X-men. It seems to be leading towards the AvX event. Right now, the Avengers and X-men are working together. But, Cyclops is such a jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!! In a way I wish I WAS picking up Uncanny now... I can only imagine the fun I'd have ranting about Lord Summers... With how awful Wolvie and the X-Men has been, I really should jump back to Uncanny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Sigh* Day late and a few dollars short thanks to spending too much at the comic shop, lol. I manage to do it everytime,lol. I really need to go over my pull list lol do some revamping. But enough of my ranting!!! Comic book day is here!!! (Well was) and lest see what I'll be reading reviews on by the excellent X Man. :)

    Batman #7, Red Hood and the Outlaws #7, Supergirl #7 And that seems to be about it, lol. Seems I'm picking up more Indie comics than anything else now days but I'm always looking forward to seeing what you have to say X.

    Oh before I go, don't you go working TOO hard now. Don't want you burning yourself out. Have the new employees made their way there yet? Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Idk, Lisha. I'd say money spent at the comic shop is money well spent! :D

    Bats is up already, and I'm gonna try to get Red Hood AND Supergirl up for Sunday, although that may not happen due to my work schedule... But in a perfect world, that's the plan.

    Nah, the new employees haven't arrived yet, but I DO actually have TWO whole days off this week(!!!!), and plan on spending them sleeping, trying to finish off Mass Effect 3(I'm dying to see what the controvrcy about the ending is all about), sleeping and reading comics. I'm hoping that next week(the first week in April) sees things getting a bit more relaxed for me. Actually, after tomorrow and Sunday(and next Sat), the week isn't THAT bad.

    ReplyDelete