Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New Comic Day! March 28th edition

Hey all, it's Wednesday, which means two things lately... The first is that I'm currently at work... The second, and WAAAAY more important thing? It's New Comic Day! Huzzah!! So yeah, as I just said, I'm actually slaving away at work at the moment, and haven't actually gone to the comic shop yet. But I will, and when I do, here are the books I'm expecting to pick up... American Vampire #25, I, Vampire #7, Justice League Dark #7, Teen Titans #7, Voodoo #7, Morning Glories #17, Avengers #24.1, Avengers vs X-Men #0, Captain America and Bucky #628, Daken: Dark Wolverine #23, Daredevil #10, Mighty Thor #12, Secret Avengers #24, Uncanny X-Force #23, X-Men Legacy #264. Huh, so that's a total of 15 books... That's not a terrible number, although I have a feeling that number is going to increase since there are some other comics I'm interested in getting that aren't on my pull list(namely Superman #7)... Anyway, this week's Pick of the Litter shouldn't come as a great shock, it has to be Avengers vs X-Men #0... It's the start of the yearly Marvel MEGA-EVENT!!! and all, so this issue should give us some idea of what to expect in the upcoming months. This week's Runt of the Litter? Um... Let's go with Captain America and Bucky #628... I just haven't been able to get into the storyline in this series, which is the only reason this comic is the Runt. Honestly, there's not one comic out of this bunch that I'm openly dreading... Sure, an issue of Avengers drops this week, but I'm hopeful that Bendis will give us a decent story now that the Norman Osborn Saga has finally come to an end. And that'll do it. Later on tonight(probably much later) I'll have reviews for Avengers vs X-Men #0 and probably Daken up. Until then, X out.

The (not so) Random Scan of the Week!
batman vs nightwing
Hmm, this all seems so very familiar...

4 comments:

  1. DUDE
    you really need to read Avengers #24.1 BEFORE you read avengers vs x-men#0
    the story in avengers is concluded in the avx issue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a ton for the heads up, man. I'm JUST about to sit down and read a few books, so I'll def check out Ave #24.1 before anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably worthy to note that Justice League Dark #7 comes before I, Vampire #7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up, Jermox. I was actually wondering about that since both series were released the same week(which is kind of odd for a crossover)

    ReplyDelete