Wednesday, April 27, 2011

New Comic Day! April 27th Edition.

Hey all, it's Wednesday, meaning it's time for yet ANOTHER New Comic Day post! I think by now you guys all know the drill, so instead of a rambling intro, let's get right to last week's Pick and Runt of the Litter. Last week I chose Invincible #79 as my top Pick, and it didn't disappoint, garnering a healthy 8 1/2 out of 10 for a score. As for last week's Runt... Well, I haven't read it yet... It was Supergirl #63, and I SHALL get that comic read and reviewed within the next 36 hours! Mark it down!

So that was last week, but what about this week? Well, first things first, here are the subscription comics I'm expecting to eventually get my hands on... Action Comics #900, Green Arrow #11, Captain America #617 & Uncanny X-Men #536. As for what I picked up today, here's that list: Batman Incorporated #5, Brightest Day #24, Generation Lost #24, Detective Comics #876, Wonder Woman #610, Amazing Spider-Man #659, Avengers #12.1, Deadpool #36, FF #2, Secret Avengers #12, Secret Avengers #12.1, Venom #2, X-23 #9, Mighty Thor #1 & X-Men #10. My copy of Namor #9 is going to be there next week, and I totally blanked on getting Morning Glories #9... I know I put it on my pull list, but it wasn't there, and I completely forgot about it, so I'll have to check back in and see what the deal was there. So a few good comics, a few bad ones, and one HORRIBLE one. I have to say, there's really no clearcut Pick of the Litter for me this week... If a gun were put to my head and I was forced to pick, I'd go with X-23 #9. Spidey is usually good, but after last issue, I'm not exactly willing to throw my weight behind it. As for this week's Runt, I think we ALL know what THAT is! Brightest Day #24, which I am anticipating will be the WORST comic I read all year! You know, there's a little piece of me that's almost looking forward to reading that comic! Must be the masochist in me... Anyway, that's what I picked up and will be reviewing, drop me any comments on what you're looking the most forward to, what you picked up/plan on picking up, etc. As for me, I'll post THE Random Scan of the Week, and leave with a hearty X out!

The Random Scan of the Week!Hey, check it out, I'm not the only one who hates clowns!

10 comments:

  1. Best part is if you just look at that last panel it looks like Hawkeye is punching an old woman. Anyway, I skipped Spidey this week due to it being another FF focused issue, if I want that I'll buy FF. Looking forward to your Brightest Day review though, the end of a particularly bad era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. X: I'm definitely waiting for BD #24. I was thoroughly disappointed. I LOVED ACTION COMICS #900, though! It was great! At least in my opinion. I'll be posting my Action Comics #900 review over the course of the next few days along with the Brightest Day post. -sigh- Geoff's "Brightest Failure" will shine bright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. please tell me mighty thor wasent one of the bad or horrible ones :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. JT, under the right circumstances, I'm sure Hawkeye WOULD punch out an old woman. Why? Because he IS... The Man. Ah, I hear ya with Spidey. I saw the cover and was like, "Not again..." But who knows, maybe this one'll be awesome, and last issue was just a temporary hiccup. As for BD, that's probably gonna be the first thing I read, half just to get it out of the way, half because doing the review should be hilariously fun! :D

    I'm sure you're not the only one who's going to be thoroughly disappointed with BD #24, Caz! I'm glad to hear about Action #900 though. Unfortunately for me, I have to wait for that one to arrive in the mail, and DC's subscription service is SOOOOO slow! I JUST got Action #899 in the mail THIS Monday! So sadly, I'll probably be waiting a while to get/read that one. And one way or another, I WILL manage to work Brightest Failure into my review for BD #24! :P

    I picked up Mighty Thor on a complete whim, Movieartman... I usually don't buy Thor books, but hopefully this series will be the one that changes my opinion of Thor and makes me into a big fan... Only time will tell...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn it, JT beat me again. What kind of world are we living in!! Lol.

    I also will be looking forward to your BD post. I'm happy it's all over yet sad because you and JT won't have a comic to rant about. I'm looking forward to reading your reviews on Generation Lost #24, Wonder Woman #610, X-23 #9 (This review will be the one to help decide if I'll start getting into this series, lol).

    Happy reading!! Try not to get too angry at Johns about BD lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was just so...well I'm not going to say anything because I'll just be giving away spoilers. If you want to read more of MY rantings about the end of Brightest Day, you can head over to my blog: dcuevents.blogspot.com
    I'm currently writing my Brightest Day post. And the title for the Brightest Day post? "Geoff Johns' Brightest Failure WARNING: SPOILER ALERT"
    hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, Lisha! It's getting crazy now! I go to check my e-mail, expecting to see your name and BAM, there's JT! :P BD is already up(how's that for service!) and I'll try to get to WW and X-23 post-haste.

    I'll def check it out, Caz. And I DID manage to work Brightest Failure into my post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to start getting on my phone and commenting before he gets up instead of waiting until I get home. I have to be your number one!!! lol. I'll head over to read BD in a few. And no rush on those other two. I'll be waiting for them to be posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisha, you'll ALWAYS be my number 1! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I shall go to bed with a smile across my face. ^_^

    ReplyDelete