Sunday, April 24, 2011

10 Thoughts on... Invincible Presents: Atom Eve and Rex Splode Vol. 1

Hey, it's a 10 Thoughts post! Yeah, that's as much of an intro as I have...

Invincible Presents: Atom Eve and Rex Splode Volume One. Collecting Invincible Presents: Atom Eve #1-2 & Invincible Presents: Atom Eve and Rex Splode #1-3... Phew!

Synopsis: Basically this trade fills us in on what Rex and Eve were up to before the events of Invincible #1. There, how's THAT for a synopsis!

-Eve was a government experiment... I knew that already, I think... No, that HAD to have come up in an issue of Invincible... Right?

-Eve's “siblings” are pretty freaky looking.Boy, Atom Eve sure got the looks in her family!


-Her father is pretty weird looking too... I mean who lurks the streets wearing a lab coat?That's one sweet lab coat!


-Man, Eve has WAAAAY more reason to hate the government than Invincible does! Bastards...

-I love that Rex's family basically sold him for a steak!

-Man, I forgot how awesome Rex was... He was an epic little teenage ninja!

-So Rex first met Eve while she was fighting her arch-nemesis, Killcannon! I also love that Eve has like the WORST arch-enemy ever! Killcannon... Yikes...

-Okay, I'm going to just come right out and say it... I LOVED Rex's first super-hero costume!That's right, I LIKED that costume!


-His second costume, Pyro-Lite? Not so much...The Man.


-After reading these issues, I have to say, it sucks that Rex died. He was probably my... 5th or 6th favorite Invincible character... You know you're reading a great series when you even HAVE a list of favorite characters, especially when the list goes beyond like 3!

Score: 9 out of 10. Super solid trade, that gives insight into two of the supporting characters in the Invincible books. If you don't read Invincible, you probably wouldn't care for this trade, but if you do read Invincible, it's definitely worth a look.

15 comments:

  1. I can't read this yet. But I'll be back after I read this trade. This will be the next thing I read before I start Vol. 3 of Invincible.

    ^_^ But I'll definitely be back to read and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IDK, if I were you I think I'd hold off reading this for a bit, Lisha. There's a little spoiler in the bonus material section of this trade for something that happens later in the Invincible series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn these spoilers!! Lol, thanks for the heads up. You know off the top of your head when's a good time to slip this trade into the reading order?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this trade a lot more than I thought I would. As an unabashed fan of Rex Splode (And that Bomb costume) as well as the awesome Eve backstory, it just made for a really good trade. Even if Rex did get sold for a meal, lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd probably wait until you're like nearly up to the current Invincible books before reading this, Lisha. So like right before the newest trade.

    Me to, JT! I wasn't expecting much, and yet I really enjoyed this trade! Further proof that anything associated with Invincible is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks X. Me and JT sat there for about 5 minutes trying to figure out when to read this trade. But in that case, I'll be back in a week or so with some thoughts. Lol. I'll be starting Vol. 3 some time tonight. I'm trying to finish this "JLA: Second Coming" trade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I'd def leave it until right before the trade JT's picking up tomorrow... I still can't believe he's gonna buy that trade even though he already has the singles! *shakes head* :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol. Thanks again. And I admit, I'm the same way. I like to have the trades showcasing on the bookcase and the singles in protection hoping to collect value so I can be rich like you in the future. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me? I'm interested in getting whatever's cheapest. If I can get the singles cheaper, that's how I go. If the singles are too expensive/out of print/too hard to find, then I'll go the trade route. I have like... God, probably over 200 trades by now... Maybe even more. I'll have to count them one day to see for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, I hear ya X. If I keep it up, I'll be right up there with you having 200 trades. I need a second bookcase, lol, and the one I have is 6 feet high and about 3 feet wide.

    And I bought 4 trades today at the comic shop I have no idea where to put. I only intended on picking up one, maybe two, and checking in to see if any of me and JT trades we ordered came in. lol. So much for that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, don't leave me hanging, what did you get?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw I'm sorry! Well, I picked up "The Losers" trade including Vols. One and Two which, I thought was the greatest thing ever, lol. Something I've heard some good stuff about, decided to check it out. I picked up two "Danger Girl" trades that were in the 50% off bin, couldn't pass that up either since I'm starting to like the character. And I also got Dark Wolverine.

    JT picked it out since he knew I wanted to read some more stuff with Daken. So thaaaanks JT!!!

    I had to stop myself from picking up anything else. I wanted to get Wonder Woman: Rise of the Olympians with Genocide, but for 29 bucks...had to pass. So to ebay I headed. So I have that coming in the mail.

    Somehow I managed to misplace the first issue of that arc....and I've been wanting to re-read it, so I said what the hell I'll just buy the trade, lol.

    I'm broke. :-\

    ReplyDelete
  13. HA!!! Well you may be broke, but at least you're broke with a whole mess of comics to read! :P That's the best kind of broke!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol. Indeed. You should see the look on my mom face when I tell her I'm going to the comic shop, (sometimes 2 times a week) and then show her all the stuff I bought. But she says it's all good as long as I stay out of trouble and it makes me happy and content lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The profundity of articles can without much of a stretch be felt of this blog. Exceptionally exact and straight to the check. I saw effectively the obvious reality which the creator of this blog needed to convey through his contemplations. Searching for additional. edible arrangements

    ReplyDelete