Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Comic Day! April 20th Edition.

Hey X-Maniacs, it's time for a new edition of New Comic Day!!! I seriously didn't think I'd be posting this today, what with my laptop's power cord dying on me. Luckily for all of you though(yes I'm THAT arrogant!), my sister lent me her cord, which IS compatible with my laptop! So a huge thanks to my wonderful sister for getting me back online. The new cord finally shipped from Amazon, and is scheduled to arrive on Friday, so that's when things should get 100% back to normal around here. I was able to get enough reviews typed up in the few hours I've had my sister's cord that I have no reason not to get something posted every day this week.

So that's what's going on with me, but that's not what this post is about. It's about what comics I snagged at ye olde comic shop earlier today! As always, before we get to that, I'm forced to look back at last week to see how my predictions held up... We had TWO Pick of the Litter comics last week, REBELS #27 and Hawkeye: Blindspot #3. The penultimate issue of REBELS(I HATE you DC!!!!!!!!!!!!) received an excellent 9 1/2 out of 10, while Hawkeye came away with the perfect 10 out of 10! So yeah, I was ON with my top picks last week. On the other hand, Superboy #6 was my Runt of last week's Litter, and I ended up giving it a 9 out of 10... In other words, good ol' X was wrong on that one... Meh, I'd rather have my Runt exceed expectations than my Pick depress.

Okay, personal stuff out of the way, last week out of the way, on to this week! I'm expecting 4 subscription books this week, 2 Marvels and 2 DCs. They are: Batman #709, Green Lantern Corps #59(which I won't be reading), Wolverine #8 and X-Factor #218. Here's what I picked up at the comic shop earlier: Uncanny X-Force #8, Wolverine & Jubilee #4, Fables #104, Gotham City Sirens #22, Hellblazer #278, Justice League of America #56, Supergirl #63, Superman/Batman #83, Teen Titans #94, Zatanna #12, Invincible #79, Avengers #12, Avengers Academy #12, Generation Hope #8, Iron Man #503, Iron Man 2.0 #4, Fear Itself: Sin's Past #1, Super Dinosaur #1(the owner of the comic shop talked me into that one!), Silver Surfer #3 and Thunderbolts #156... Oh, and the Captain America vs The Red Skull trade. Whew, another full week for me! I also added Red Robin, Wonder Woman(although it's on a SHORT leash), Superman(same as Wonder Woman) and Batman and Robin to my pull list while dropping Booster Gold since I WILL NOT be picking up ANY comics that are connected to Flashpoint in any way, shape or form. And I'd urge anybody who's sick and tired of the Johnsification of the DCU to do likewise. This week's Pick of the Litter is easy, it's gotta be Invincible #79. I JUST finished reading Invincible #71-78 last night(I'll have a post on those issues up VERY soon), and can't wait to dig into this issue... Those of you not reading Invincible don't know what you're missing! Just ask JT! As for our Runt, I'm going to go with Supergirl #63, which is a comic that's slowly creeping towards me dropping it. And that's it. I'll leave you all with THE Random Scan of the Week and a hearty X out!

The Random Scan of the Week!Hows about a little Impulse to cheer everybody(except Chairman Johns)up!

8 comments:

  1. Woooooo NCD! I only grabbed five comics BUT the new Invincible trade is coming out next week and I must buy it to add it with trades 1-13 and the Atom Eve/Rex Splode trade (I read recently and loved)

    You'll have to let me know how Batman is when it comes since it's the last part of the Red Robin/Catwoman/Batman trilogy and I refuse to read Tony Daniel's stuff. I loved the screwball pic btw, I miss Impulse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, JT beat me. Barely though. But you always know I'll be number one X lol.

    As for what I'm looking forward to from the X-Man, is actually, quite a few things. Lol.

    Fables #104, Sirens, Zatanna, Invincible (Since I've already read the first volume and love it) annnnnd the lovely WW lol.

    Glad to see you have an adapter coming in. The net without X is just insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, why are you gonna buy the new Invincible trade, JT? Don't you already have the full series!? I'm currently adapter-less as we speak, so I can't really spend that much time on line, but I DID manage to get a post for the Rex Splode/Atom Eve trade typed up yesterday, so it should be coming soon. We ALL miss Impulse... Except for that bastard... On a side note, if the rumors I'm hearing about the end of the Green Lantern War shit is true, I'll be dropping literally EVERY DC comic except for the Bat-books...

    I was as shocked as you about JT beating you to the punch this week, Lisha! Crazy! :D

    I'll have reviews for everything except Fables up soon, because I'm still nowhere CLOSE to being caught up with that series! And I can't WAIT until I get my new cord on Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. JT wants to have the complete trade series. I'm the same way, may have the single issues but something about having the trades makes my life complete, Lol.

    I'm still shocked, lol. I had a busy day yesterday and then Mortal Kombat had my attention. I need to get back on my ballgame.

    Lol, I don't even know why I said I was waiting on Fables because not only are YOU a ways from it, I'm definitely a ways from #104. Lol. But you know I'll always be here waiting. ^_^

    One more day til your cord will be there! And it better be there early! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah cool, gotcha. Me? I just want the comics, period. Trade, singles, it doesn't matter to me. As long as I can read the story, I don't care what it's in!

    So how is MK? I'm STILL playing DAII, which I'll probably keep playing until Infamous 2 comes out. I've seen pretty varied reviews on it.

    Yeah, that Fables review is still MONTHS off... :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I hear that. I prefer trades over single issues, muuch easier to keep up with lol.

    And MK is, words can't even describe. I've always been a MK fan and for them to bring it back makes my heart melt. Game is so graphic. Lol. And this should hold me over until another racing game comes out or Batman or even the next Call of Duty game.

    Lol, I'll be here years if it takes that long lol. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool. I was a huge fan of MK 1 and 2(1 for the Genesis and 2 for the SNES), but after those games I kind of lost interest... Maybe when the price of this one drops a bit I'll give it a shot.

    You know, it might just be years! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would highly recommend grabbing this when the price dropped since you've lost interest over the years. Or even try renting it a couple days that way you can see if you really enjoy it or not and not have to put out a lot of money on it.

    And X, I'll always be here. :)

    ReplyDelete