Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Comic Day!

A new order of books showed up at my door today, which is always a welcome sight. For the most part, I picked up some back issues, with a few new books sprinkled in. Since I'll be reviewing the new books, I'll list exactly what I received today.

War of Kings: Darkhawk #1(of 2)- Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge fan of obscure Marvel heroes from the 1990's, and Darkhawk fits that bill perfectly. I love that Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning have been using Darkhawk in Nova's comic, and I'm thrilled Marvel has decided to give Darkhawk a mini-series.

Adventure Comics #0- This comic was only $1, and reprinted the first appearance of the Legion of Super-Heroes. That alone would have caused me to buy this, but the fact that Geoff Johns has an original story in here as well sealed the deal! The first appearance of the LoSH plus new work from Geoff??? For $1?!?! Crazy!!!

Batman #686- This is one of the Bat comics that is going to lead into the "Battle for the Cowl", so yeah, that's why I brought this one.

Action Comics #874- I've been wanting to start collecting Superman's comics for a while now, and I figured with James Robinson writing this comic, now was as good a time as any to start.

Terror Titans #5(of 6)- Once this mini-series is complete, I'll read all six parts.

Secret Six #6- The Secret Six! Gail Simone! I don't need to say anything else!

Legion of 3 Worlds #3(of 5)- I've been waiting MONTHS for this comic to come out, and I finally hold it in my hands. This one is right at the top of my "To Read" list.

Green Arrow and Black Canary #17- So far I really haven't been enjoying this book with Andrew Kreisberg at the writing reigns... Hopefully, he turns things around with this issue.

Nightwing #153- This is the Final Issue of this series. This may be the end of Dick Grayson's Nightwing comic series, but I think most people will agree that much bigger things are on the horizon for Dick.

Titans #10- Up until the last issue, I really wasn't enjoying this series as much as I would have expected. Last issue ended on a high note, so hopefully this one will follow suit.

There you have it. I'm probably going to really rush the reviews I post on the blog due to the fact that there are some books in here I've really been looking forward to. So, if I miss some key part of the comic, or if you just want to know more about a certain book, send me a comment, I'll be more than happy to respond!

No comments:

Post a Comment