Wednesday, December 5, 2012

New Comic Day! December 5th edition

Hey comic crew, JT here with this week's New Comic Day post! This week I actually have a pretty decent haul of comics, so let's jump right into them, shall we? This week I picked up Detective Comics #15, Earth 2 #7, Smallville Season 11 #8, Invincible #98, All New X-Men #3 (again already?!) Amazing Spider-Man #699, Avengers #1, Hawkeye #5 and Thunderbolts #1! This week, I plan on reviewing All New X-Men #3, Amazing Spider-Man #699 (the last one I'll review since X gets #700) and lastly, Invincible #98! My review days are Friday, Sunday and Tuesday, so expect to see my reviews then. And that's it for me, now to hand things over to my buddy X.

Oh snap, I'm getting Spidey #700?!  I'll have to send JT an Xmas present or something now!  Anyway, happy NCD folks!  I am the smarter and better looking blogger around these parts, the man known only as X.  And here are the comics I'll be picking up this week...  Hypernaturals #6, Stormwatch #15, Invincible #98, All New X-Men #3, Amazing Spider-Man #699, Avengers #1, Avenging Spider-Man #15(maybe...), Hawkeye #5, Iron Man #3, Punisher Warzone #2, Ultimates #18.1, Thunderbolts #1 & X-Factor #248...  Hey, those are some pretty good books there!  I'm kind of spoiled for choice when it comes to what to review...  I guess I'll go with Hawkeye #5, Thunderbolts #1 and Avengers #1.  My reviews will be up on Thursday, Saturday and Monday.  As for the first review of the week, I'm currently leaning towards Thunderbolts since I figure I'll enjoy it more, but I may just do Avengers first to get it out of the way...  Needless to say, I am not a big fan of new Avengers scribe Jonathan Hickman...  But yeah, one of those two books will get the Thursday review.  And that's that.  Until next time, X out.

7 comments:

  1. Will be looking forward to your guys' reviews for Detective 15, spider-man 699, hawkeye 5, and avengers 1. Those are the books that I will be picking up. Of these I am looking forward to spiderman and avengers the most.

    -I am only familiar with Hickman's creator owned titles (which I loved) so Im curious to see him on a flagship book like the avengers. I didn't read his F4 or FF runs specifically because of how huge my pull list was at the time. Will be picking them up from the library though for sure. The preview made it seem like he was about to tell a deep, huge story though! Anyway hope its a good reading week for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually the most concerned with Avengers... Every other book I've picked up this week has the potential to be a fantastic read for me. I'm not a fan of Hickman's work at all, he's already chased me off of F4, FF and Ultimates, I'd hate to see him do the same to Avengers for me. He's kind of like Grant Morrison-lite, where he has these big, crazy, at times, incomprehensible stories, but without the polish and big-name Morrison brings with him. However, I've noticed that people who like one thing Hickman writes tend to like everything he does, so hopefully that's how things go for you, Cap. Me? I am very, very dubious heading into that issue...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you buying FF? I've read the first issue and its pretty damn good. In my humble opinion. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I did get that issue, Caz. I'm not sure about JT though... I don't think he did, but yeah, it was really, really good! FF and F4 were both strong, I think Matt Fraction was just what those books needed.

      Delete
  4. Man, you'll shit yourself on the all new x-man, the writing is so much better than the AvX mistak.. event.
    Real badass

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I only read two of his independent titles and those were both mini's so maybe I haven't gotten arc fatigue yet haha. We shall see and I will let ya know my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anybody read Cable and the X-Force this week? I like the character roster assembled there, but the writer is a total unknown and I'm not the biggest fan of Salvadore Larroca's art (his people always have a weird unnatural look to them, they remind me of ventriloquist dummies). My pull list is seriously stretched at the moment, and I'd only jump on if it turns out to be great.

    ReplyDelete