Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New Comic Day! October 19th edition

Alright, I'm going to get right down to business, because although DC has sucked as a comic book company lately, they still produce some fantastic video games, as evident by Batman: Arkham City. The sooner I get this post done, the sooner I get back to Arkham City, so let's get right into which comic books I brought home a few minutes ago... Batman #2, Catwoman #2, Fables #110, Hellblazer #284, Nightwing #2, Red Hood and the Outlaws #2, Supergirl #2, Wonder Woman #2, Avengers #18, Captain America Corps #5, Fear Itself #7(!), Fear Itself: The Fearless #1, Fear Itself: The Home Front #7, Fear Itself: Youth In Revolt #6, Invincible Iron Man #509, Journey Into Mystery #629, Ultimate Hawkeye #3, Uncanny X-Men #544, Wolverine #17, X-Factor #226. So we're back up to 20 books again... Huzzah? For a change, there are a couple of DC books that I'm actually looking forward to this week, although the Marvel books I'm picking up are, as usual as of late, WAY more attractive to me. With that said, this week's Pick of the Litter is an absolute no-brainer... Fear Itself #7, period, end of story. That's the first thing I'll be reading later on tonight, and that's the first book I'll be reviewing, probably followed by Youth In Revolt and The Fearless. This week's Runt of the Litter is... well, none of the books I'm picking up this week REALLY deserve the Runt label, but since I HAVE to name one of these comics the Runt, I'll go with Fear Itself: The Home Front, if only because the last two issues have sucked so badly... With 20 books to get through this week I'll try to post three new reviews every day, and I'll close out the week with the two books at the bottom of my pile(probably Cap Corps and Home Front). So there we go. Of course that's all subject to change, but that's the plan for now. And with that taken care of, it's time for me to play some more Arkham City. I'll be back later on tonight with my epic, gala, colossal Fear Itself #7 review, as well as a few others. Until then though, it's time for me to say X out.

The Random Scan of the Week!Yeah sure, LEAVE the shield right next to Cap!! Stupid Nazis...

3 comments:

  1. "Yeah sure, LEAVE the shield right next to Cap!! Stupid Nazis..."

    Well, they did lose the war after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo favorite day of the week!! X-Man's Comic Day post. :) I am shocked you're able to pull yourself away from Arkham City to even read a comic, let alone review. But gotta keep the followers happy right?! ^_^

    Well, I'm sorry to hear you're back up to 20 comics. Thought those pockets would be getting a nice lil break. :-/

    But, I will be waiting for some of those awesome reviews of yours. Let's see, I'll be looking forward to. Catwoman #2, Nightwing #2, Red Hood and the Outlaws #2, Supergirl #2 annnnd Wonder Woman #2.

    Now, I must get back to Arkham City, lol.

    Happy Reading X! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say, Lisha, I have a responsibility to my adoring public... I must blog! :P

    Well, I definitely will be cutting back on the books really soon, DC just isn't thrilling me like they used to, so I'll probably be dropping possibly up to a dozen comics pretty soon. That should help me get away from that blasted 20 comics every week!

    Nightwing and Red Hood should be up on Friday. CW, WW and SG SHOULD be up sometime during the latter part of the weekend... I think. But Red Hood and Nightwing and def on tap for Friday.

    Have fun with Arkham, Lisha!

    ReplyDelete