Monday, October 17, 2011

Legion Lost #2

Well, I dropped the Legion of Super-Heroes series after one issue, but this series at least warranted another shot after an enjoyable first issue. With that said though, this series is on a VERY short leash...

Legion Lost #2:

What Happened: The Legionaries find out that Alastor had succeeded in introducing the plague from the future here in the present. The Legionaries come across a man who was losing his physical form and becoming a being of energy and try to help him, but are surprised to learn that the man didn't want help and was pleased with his new form. The Legionaries warn the man the he'll eventually lose the ability to become anything resembling human, but the man doesn't care and violently opposes the Legionaries, eventually dispersing.

The Good: The story was very well-crafted. Wildfire, who was an energy based being, didn't want to see somebody else have to go through life like he did... It gave Wildfire a personality and gave me a reason to care about him. The art was also strong. Fabian Nicieza is doing a good job building the characters here little by little.

The Bad: The battle here seemed unnecessary... The guy LIKED his new powers! Why was the Legion/Wildfire opposing him? There really wasn't much of a cliffhanger. Some of the characters still haven't done anything of note yet.

The Verdict: Even though I really liked this issue, I'm like 85% sure I'm going to drop this series from my pull list come Wednesday. Don't get me wrong, the two issues I read were strong, but I just don't see this series having a very long shelf-life... We all know what the end result is going to be. Eventually the Legionaries will get back home. The end. If this series sticks around past 12 issues(which I doubt) and has solid sales numbers, maybe I'll pick it up again. But sadly this is going to be one of the comics I shed to save some money I think.

Score: 8 1/2 out of 10.Sure, throw a piece of wood at a guy made of energy... That'll definitely stop him!

No comments:

Post a Comment