Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Thief of Thieves #3

One more comic review and this week is complete... And that review? The third issue of Thief of Thieves. This is a series that is moving along at a snail's pace... It's not awful or anything, it's just moving sooooo slooooow... Maybe things will heat up here... Hopefully?

Thief of Thieves #3:

Summary: This issue opens with an FBI agent named Elizabeth Cohen meeting with Redmond to drop the fact that Redmond's son had been arrested by the FBI. It seems that Cohen has been after Redmond for years(and has failed spectacularly) and this turn of events has her feeling a bit smug. Redmond isn't pleased to learn of this fact. From there, Cohen gets yelled at by her superior since Cohen was supposed to keep away from Redmond due to that previous “failed spectacularly” moment. This one ends with Cohen heading to jail to meet with Redmond's son.

Thoughts: Um... Yeah. This issue happened alright... I really don't have anything to say here... Yes, I know how odd that must sound... I mean here I am, somebody who has posted over 2,500 posts to this blog, as well as a few hundred posts to others. Somebody who has commented thousands of times on all things comic books, and yet I have nothing to say about this issue. It just sort of happened. I didn't hate it, I didn't love it, it wasn't boring, it wasn't interesting. It just was... I could go on, but really, what's the sense? I wouldn't recommend this issue, but I wouldn't NOT recommend it either...

Score: 6 1/2 out of 10.
thief of thieves #3
Yipes, consider me out of the kitchen...

8 comments:

  1. Sounds "feminist" to me.
    Let me guess, Cohen's "superior" is a dumb male, right?

    Here's the problem I see. It goes s l o o o w. And then drops dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Curios that this series just started and AMC had already bought the right to make it a TV series...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cohen's superior is actually that really angry woman in the scan! And damn was she pissed!

    Yeah, I keep waiting for something to happen here, but there's just nothing doing. This is a series that's on a short leash for me... It's not awful, but it's really not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, really Alien?! I guess after Walking Dead, AMC is willing to pick up anything Kirkman sells to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeap here is my source

    http://www.the-gutters.com/comic/280-anna-maria-jung

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd noticed that Thief of Thieves had been getting way more hits on my blog lately, I bet that announcement was the reason why...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to interrupt, but have to talk to X. Hey X, I noticed that both Magma and Sunspot appear in AvX #2 (saw Magma in the preview all fired up). So chances are that the New Mutants (hopefully Nate Grey) will/may be involved after all, at least some of them anyway. I thought they were together in San Fran, but apparently not all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished that issue up, RadT and while I saw Sunspot and Magma(and Sunspot actually had a single line!), I didn't see any of the others(like Nate...)... Maybe those two were visiting friends?

    ReplyDelete