Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New Comic Day! April 24th edition.

Hey all, it's time for ol' X to welcome everybody to yet another New Comic Day post. Huzzah!! Yep, it's Wednesday again(and the last Wednesday in April to boot! Where has all the time gone?!), and as usual, I'm currently at work... But, I won't be at work forever, and when I get out, the first place I'll be headed is to the comic shop. And when I get there? Here are the comics I know I'll be getting... American Vampire #26, I, Vampire #8, Justice League Dark #8, Teen Titans #8, Voodoo #8, AvX: VS #1, Battle Scars #6, Captain America #10, Captain America and Hawkeye #629, Daredevil #11, Mighty Thor #13, Secret Avengers #26, Wolverine #305, X-Men: Legacy #265. So that's a definite 14 books... Which is a perfect number. But here's the thing... I also might pick up as many as 4 other books, so yeah, that number could possibly get as high as 18... But we'll see what happens when I get to the shop. This week's Pick of the Litter? That's a pretty easy choice, I'm going to go with AvX: VS #1. I'm extremely curious to see what we get in this mini-series... If done correctly, it could be an awesome read, and a great addition to the AvX event. If done wrong though... Well, let's not think negatively. Huh, just as I type that, I have to turn all negative and reveal this week's Runt of the Litter. That (dis-) honor goes to... um, for no real reason, Secret Avengers #26. I didn't like the last storyline at all, but since this is the beginning of a new storyline, I probably shouldn't expect this issue to be as bad. Eh, it was either Secret Avengers or Teen Titans, but I'll probably read Titans first, so Secret Avengers gets the call. And that's that. I'll be doing two reviews every day for the next 7 days, starting tonight with reviews for AvX: VS #1 and probably Cap and Hawkeye #629... But don't expect those review up until REALLY late(like 3 hours later than I usually post my stuff), as I have a ton of other junk to take care of before I finally get home tonight. So until then? X out.

The (not so) Random Scan of the Week!
nightwing vs batman
I think I've officially beaten this joke not just to the ground, but under it...

2 comments:

  1. Dude you gotta get Uncanny X-men
    they pull some big stuff in it and it explains sevreal peoples motovations better than in the main book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did get Uncanny. And Avengers Roll Call... AND New Avengers... AND Superman... AND... Well, let's just say me having a job led to A LOT of extra books this week!

    ReplyDelete