Wednesday, April 18, 2012

New Comic Day! April 18th edition.

It's Wednesday, which means yes, it IS time for another New Comic Day! Huzzah!! As usual, I'm stuck at work, and as of this moment, I haven't gotten my comics for the week yet. I get off at 7 and probably won't have any reviews up until 11 tonight, at the earliest. But wait, I should probably check out what I'm expecting to pick up later on today... Irredeemable #36, Batman #8, Hellblazer #290, Nightwing #8, Red Hood and the Outlaws #8, Supergirl #8, Amazing Spider-Man #684, Avengers #25, Avengers vs X-Men #2, Defenders #5, Invincible Iron Man #515, New Mutants #41, Thunderbolts #173, Uncanny X-Force #24, Venom #16, Wolverine and the X-Men #9 & X-Factor #234. So 17 comics... That's a bit more than I was hoping to see... The rest of my week is REALLY busy with work, so I'll probably be taking some shortcuts on certain books... More on that in a second.

This week's Pick of the Litter is easy, and to be honest, every other week the Pick will probably be the same series... This week it's Avengers vs X-Men #2. Two weeks ago it was Avengers vs X-Men #1. Two weeks from now I'm sure it'll be Avengers vs X-Men #3. You get the picture. On the other side of the equation, this week's Runt of the Litter is Wolverine and the X-Men #9. I really don't like this series and WILL be dropping it after AvX wraps up(yeah, I made my mind up). Hopefully the AvX stuff will make this series somewhat more bearable... So yeah, 17 issues this week... I'll probably do 2 reviews for the first 4 nights and then 3 reviews for 3 nights. But the comics I'm not all that enthusiastic about(Wolvie and the X-Men, Defenders, Nightwing, etc) will be getting some really half-assed reviews... Sorry. As for tonight, I'll eventually get reviews for AvX #2 and probably Batman #8 up much later. I'm still kind of undecided on that second review though... It may end up being something other than Batman. But for now, expect a Batman review. And that'll do it. Until later, X out.

The (not so) Random Scan of the Week!
batman vs nightwing
Yep, I'm STILL doing it!

5 comments:

  1. hey i suggest u take a glance thru Justice league #8 there is some interesting backstory about The Martian Manhunter and why he is no longer with the League, Tought you would want to know sense you are reading Stormwatch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avengers #25 was sold out at where I typically go... there were varient covers, but they were going for 7 bucks, and I hadn't anticipated that... Anyways, here's for hoping this turns out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I'll leave it up to somebody else to fill me in on that, Movieartman... I can't stomach the idea of even flipping through a comic written by Chairman Johns! :P

    Wow, really, Rage? I have Avengers on my pull list, so I was confident that it would be there for me, but I can't say I noticed any on the shelf at my shop(although it's not like I was really looking since I had my issue). Here's hoping you get an issue... If it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok just check out this page spread, there is almost 0 dialoge to suffer thru, and dont think of it as giving Johnns atention, think of it as admireing a peice of Art and honoring the artist (ivan reis) cus thats what this is ART!
    i havent seen a page spread this badass in ages

    http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2p9bpdGp61qdodo2o1_1280.jpg

    they didnt explain the reason for this tussle, but manhunter is listening to them recalling this incident from across the planet and they mention that he knows evreything about them now. and manhunter comments to himself "they're Not Prepared!"
    so hopefuly stormwatch will contain the justice leagues eventual reconfrontation with manhunter.
    also this mostly likley the whole manhunter as a white lantern bullshit from brightest day is no longer in continuity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another comic book day has snuck upon me!! While the awesome X has walked away with 17 books, Falisha Ann walked away with 6 this week including "America's Got Powers". JT reminded me to get this because I totally forgot to get it since I was excited to get my issues of Avengers v. X-Men!!! I have read both "rounds" and will be making my way to those reviews. :)

    So lets see what I'll be looking forward to reading about this week: Batman #8 (JT will be giving me #1-7 since he highly recommends it), Red Hood and the Outlaws #8, Supergirl #8, Amazing Spider-Man #684, Avengers vs X-Men #2 and Venom #16.

    I still have about 20 comics to read through from the past few weeks lol. Hopefully I can make my way to reading some this week.

    As always Happy reading and don't work too hard hun!!

    ReplyDelete