Monday, November 16, 2009

A Quick Look at Dark Reign: Young Avengers #5(of 5)

Writer: Paul Cornell. Pencils: Mark Brooks.

What Happened: The Young Avengers arrive at the hideout of the fake Young Avengers and discover not only the fake Young Avengers, but Norman Osborn and some of his Dark Avengers. Needless to say, from there we have quite the brouhaha. The fake YA and the Dark Avengers take the battle to the Young Avengers, while fake YA Coat of Arms stands on the sidelines, conflicted over what to do. Surprisingly, the Young Avengers manage to gain a slight advantage in the battle, so Osborn calls Sentry in to help out. Wiccan tries to reason with Enchantress, and he tells her that she isn't really an Asgardian like she originally believed, but that she's just a regular girl who Loki empowered to mess with the Avengers. Sentry doesn't take kindly to Wiccan's continued talking, so he blasts him to the floor. At that point Coat of Arms has seen enough, and she links herself, Enchantress and Wiccan via a magic chain and Wiccan uses his magical powers to transport Sentry away from the battle. With Sentry defeated, Melter of the fake YA figures he made the wrong choice aligning his team with Osborn and company, so he has Enchantress teleport the fake YA away from the battle. With the fake YA's gone, Sentry transported to who knows where and Bullseye injured, Osborn decides to retreat, telling the Young Avengers that the entire battle never happened before taking his leave. And that for all intents and purposes was the end.

What I Thought: I liked this mini-series. That's really the best thing I can say about it. I like most of the fake Young Avengers, and I've always liked the original Young Avengers. I also liked the way Sentry was easily defeated in this issue, I've never liked the Sentry, so I definitely enjoyed seeing him humbled. All in all this was a pretty good mini-series... Except for the last page. I don't know WHAT the hell it meant. I'll post it, and if anybody has any clue as to what it means, by all means, drop me a line!

Score: 6 1/2 out of 10.??????

No comments:

Post a Comment