Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Comic Day! February 9th edition!

Hey X-Maniacs, it's Wednesday, meaning it's time for yet another installment of the longest running feature on this humble little blog of mine, New Comic Day! Not really much in the way of news for me to mention this week, comic or otherwise, so I guess we'll get right into the meat of this post, what comics I'll be getting this week. But before we get to that, first I'm contractually obligated to mention last week's predictions. Last week's Pick of the Litter was Captain America: Hail Hydra #2, which I still haven't read yet... Whoops... Well, when you have a gazillion other comics laying around, that'll happen every now and then. Last week's Runt of the Litter was Brightest Day #19 and it MORE than earned the Runt moniker, garnering the lowest score I've EVER given ANY comic book in the history of this blog(and that's going on THREE years now!), a -356... That score still makes me chuckle... Oh X, you so crazy!

Okay, enough about my madness and last week, let's get to this week. First up I'm expecting 8 subscription books, thus earning the ire of my mail carrier... Those comics are, Batman & Robin #20, Birds of Prey #9, REBELS #25, Red Robin #20, Superman #708, Titans #32, Black Panther #515, and X-Factor #215. There are quite a few really good looking books there! But who knows when I'll get my hands on those books... I did wind up picking up 8 comics from my local comic book shop, and here they are! Wolverine #5.1, Onslaught Unleashed #1, Amazing Spider-Man #654, Batgirl #18, Captain America: The Korvac Saga #3, Justice League: Generation Lost #19, Widowmaker #4 and Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #7. This week's Pick of the Litter is going to have to be Batgirl #18, although there are at least two subscription books I'm looking forward to more than Batgirl(REBELS and Red Robin in particular). This week's Runt is kind of tough, as I'm not really dreading any of these books... If pressed for an answer I'd probably choose Captain America: Korvac Saga, and only because I hated Cap's dialogue in the prior issue. But it's not like I'm truly adverse to reading that issue, it just happens to be the comic I'm least interested in reading. And that's that. I should have a new Quick Hits post up later on today or tomorrow, most likely tomorrow. As always, I'll end this post with THE Random Scan of the Week. Until next time, X out.

THE Random Scan of the Week!It's Deadpool! I don't need a reason to post this!

4 comments:

  1. How can Onslaught Unleashed not be the runt of the litter?

    Points for using the word "ire" in a post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DID consider it, Kello! But since I usually enjoy Sean McKeever's work, I figured I'd at least give the first issue the benefit of a doubt.

    All right! Does this mean Thesaurus Warfare is back on!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although our point system lacks any semblance of specificity, Thesaurus Warfare is one of my favorite games!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forget one of, Thesaurus Warfare is my FAVORITE game, hands down! :D

    ReplyDelete