Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Titans #28

Overall: This issue kicks off with with Ray “SILVER AGE” Palmer deciding to try to find out what happened to that other Atom, Ryan Choi. You know, the same Ryan Choi who had the misfortune of not being created back in the 1940's through the 1960's, and therefore was unnecessary in GEOFF Johns' DC Universe, and as such was killed off in a meaningless little one-shot. Hmm, let me hop back off of that soapbox... Anyway, Ray promises Ryan's girlfriend that he'd do what he could to find Ryan. Meanwhile, Deathstroke's Titans have been hired to break some girl out of Arkham Asylum for some reason. A corrupt guard lets the villains in(since Deathstroke promised the man money once he had what he came for), and Deathstroke tells Osiris to remain behind to cover the team's escape route. Once Deathstroke and company are walking through the halls of Arkham, Osiris decides to kill the guard since every death he creates supposedly brings his sister one step closer to returning to life. Unfortunately, killing the guard opens up the doors in the Asylum, and the Titans find themselves surrounded by some of Arkham's resident crazies. Realizing what he had done, Osiris rushes off to help his teammates and runs into Killer Croc, who he mistakes for his old enemy, Sobek(HA!). While Osiris is battering Croc, Deathstroke tells the Titans to hold the line, while he completes the mission. Deathstroke runs off and bumps into the Mad Hatter(who he seems to have some sort of secret alliance with)before he finds the girl he was looking for. Before he is able to collect the girl however, Batman drops through the window, telling Deathstroke that the only way he was taking the girl was if Deathstroke went through him. Needless to say, there's your cliffhanger ending.

I don't really know what to say about this comic. I should have hated it. Actually, I should have hated it passionately given it had the Mad Hatter and Arsenal acting like a hopped up junkie. But in all honesty, I kind of liked this issue. To be honest, the Arsenal thing just kind of ran right off my back when I read it. Sadly, I just don't care anymore. DC took a character who'd I'd have easily placed in my top 10 favorites list up until 6 month ago and totally destroyed him. As much as it pains me to say it, I wish Roy would just die, because his character is THAT ruined. So when I read this comic I pretty much just ignore the Arsenal stuff. So ignoring that(and ignoring the Mad Hatter, since I hate that damn midget), this story wasn't that bad. All of the Titans had little moments of character development, and the cliffhanger leaves me intrigued to see what'll happen next. So yeah, no major complaints here.

Score: 7 out of 10.Roy Harper is a worthless, loser junkie. WE GET IT ALREADY, DC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment