Sunday, November 27, 2011

Mighty Thor #8

Well, if nothing else, this comic book should be interesting, as we begin the Mighty Tanarus age. Will it be good? Probably not, but hey, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Mighty Thor #8:

Summary: The new All-Mother(s) of Asgard, having rebuilt the place have decided that the old ways of Odin needed to be changed, and as such declare Asgard to be a republic now, as well as renaming it Asgardia. Meanwhile, Loki meets three witches in the desert and after being blasted by one remembers Thor. As for Tanarus, we discover that he is actually Ulik the Troll, who was imbued with a charm from Karnilla, who along with the Trolls and the three witches, seem to have foul plans for fair Asgard. Finally, Thor discovers that he is indeed dead and was headed where all dead gods go, the mouth of the Demogorge.

Thoughts: Well, that cleared up who Tanarus was, now didn't it? I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised that Matt Fraction outed Tanarus already, I figured he'd string us along for a few months before bringing the real Thor back. Regardless, I can't say I cared all that much about this comic, but that might have had more to do with me than the actual story. See, I'm still relatively new to the world of Thor, I've probably only read about a grand total of 30 self titled Thor comic books over the course of my life(as opposed to a character like Captain America, who I've read hundreds of self titled issues on), so while I know who Loki and Ulik are, the rest of the characters here(the witches, Karnilla, etc) I'm clueless on. As the story moves on and I learn more about these characters and their motivations, I'm sure things will change, but for now, I'll have to give this comic a big old meh.

Score: 5 1/2 out of 10.That's not quite how I remember things happening, but I could be wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment