Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Comic Gazing for: 3/3/10

It's Wednesday, which means it's time for another sterling edition of Comic Gazing! As of 3 hours ago, I have completely finished off my History paper(7 pages about a letter written to King George III by Ch'ien-lung), and have just begun to scratch the surface of my next paper, which is for Musical Theatre. After that, I've got to tackle my Accounting homework, although I have a few days before that's due... Whew... So yeah, it's been a wee bit busy for me school-wise as of late. However, come tomorrow I should have at least 4 new reviews up, with an additional 3 or 4 the next day. Since I doubt most of you want to hear me talk about what I've been learning in my Accounting class, I'll instead get into the comics I'll be ordering this week. Now, last week was a rather large haul for me, so hopefully things will be a little bit quieter this week...

Adventure Comics #8: I'm subscribed to this series until issue #12, so I have no choice but to deal with whatever is thrown my way. Looking at the solicits, I have to say I'm less then excited(where's my Three-boot Legion dammit!!!), but I'll at least give this issue a read, mainly because I have to...

JSA All-Stars #4: I don't think I've read issue #3 yet, so I really can't say too much about this issue.

Justice League: Cry for Justice #7: Well, hot damn, I think this is the final issue of this mini!!! Once I read this one, I can finally read the two most recent issues of the JLA comic, which deals with the aftermath of this mini. For me, this series has had a lot of ups and downs, but I'm hoping that things end on a high note...

Mighty Avengers #34: Speaking of ups and downs... This series has been kind of hit or miss with me(although it's WAY better then either of the BENDIS Avengers titles!), but this issue promises to have the Mighty Avengers battling Thor with the long running Loki storyline finally beginning to reach it's conclusion. I have to say, being somewhat of a fan of Loki, I'm looking forward to this one.

Annnnd that's it... Huh, only 4(!?!)comics this week??? What the hell is THAT? Maybe I'll buy a copy of the New Ultimates #1 just for the heck of it... For the record, that's 3 DC's and 1 Marvel this week. You know, with this week being so light, I shudder to think of how many comics will be dropping next week... I'd better start saving up for it now. That's going to do it for me tonight, Long Live The Legion!!!

4 comments:

  1. Lmao, I didn't pick up ANYTHING this week so you did better than me. I love your reply to only four comics. That will be quite a small order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get your 3-Boot Legion the same month we get that Flash spin-off starring Wally West...so,never.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not even going to pick up Cry for Justice #7 JT? I definitely can't say that I blame you...

    Yeah, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that my Three-boot Legion is gone... Let's face it, if the God of the DCU, Geoff Johns, doesn't like something, it's not going to see the light of day, Kello... Did I just take a shot at Geoff Johns?!? I must not be feeling well or something...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have to, my buddy did and I read his. Just mentioned it in your newest post actually. Can't wait to see what ya think of it, it's outrageous...

    ReplyDelete