Sunday, July 19, 2009

Nova #26

Tonight my reviews should be a lot shorter than they usually are. Why? Because I'm beginning to drown in comic books! I'm buying more books than I can read and post. So the three options I have are to either buy less books(NOT going to happen)stop posting reviews for some books(a possibility)or rush through the reviews. For now I'm going with the third option(at least until I get somewhat caught up!). As for this comic book, it's another War of Kings x-over, and is written by the stellar team of Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning.

-Now in full possession of the Nova force, Rich is rescuing the under trained and unprepared Nova Corps members the previously Ego possessed Worldmind sent into the middle of the Kree/Shi'ar war. After returning many of the Corps members to base, Rich turns his attentions to his missing brother, Nova Corps member Robbie.

-Rich heads to Robbie's last known location(a Kree world)and runs afoul some Kree soldiers and Triton of the Inhuman Royal Family. Luckily, one of the Kree soldiers worked with Rich during Annihilation: Conquest, and convinces Triton that Rich is a friend. Rich doesn't find his brother, instead he finds the Corps member Robbie left base with. Qubit(the Corpsman Robbie left with)is banged up and can't recall what became of Robbie.

-After talking to Qubit, Triton shows Rich hundreds of discarded Nova Corps helmets, proof the Shi'ar were slaughtering the Corpsmen they were capturing.

-As for Robbie, he's lending Ravenous a hand against Strontian, who was sent by Emperor Vulcan with the sole purpose of assassinating Ravenous(the rular of Kree-lar). And that's the end of that issue!

-Other developments: There really weren't any other developments. This issue was pretty straightforward.

Now that's a quick review! I enjoyed this comic, it was fast-paced and right to the point. Rich is in command of the Corps, Worldmind is back(sort of))and everything makes sense. Can't complain about that. I'm trying to think of a critique, but nothing is coming to mind. The only negative thing I can think of is the fact that within a few days I doubt I'll be thinking about what happened here. This was a good comic, but nothing in particular really stands out. For a score, I'll go with an 8 1/2 out of 10. This was a very good(if forgettable)comic. Hey, not bad, from start to finish this entire review only took me 25 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment