Wednesday, April 21, 2010

NOT Comic Gazing: 4/21/10.

Well, I've finally finished off that damn history paper that had been hanging over my head like the Sword of Damocles(8 pages on Pres. Wilson's Fourteen Points speech...), BUT I still have some studying to do since I have an Accounting exam coming up on Friday... On the plus side, once I'm done with this week, it's relatively clear sailing until the end of the spring semester, which falls sometime in the middle of May. Sure I'll still have a few tests and papers due here and there, but nothing like the one I just finished up.

And so it's Wednesday, which means I'm SUPPOSED to go Comic Gazing, but all I really want to do is finish up my Accounting work so I can get some sleep in preparation for my Philosophy quiz tomorrow... Ugh. I haven't even checked out what books came out this week, I just haven't had the time. However, I WILL have this week's Comic Gazing post up tomorrow night come hell or high water. After that, I'm hoping to get a few reviews posted for Friday, although in all honesty I really haven't had the chance to read much this week. Anyway, just so this post isn't a complete waste, I'm going to throw a random Justice League comic scan up.Wow, I think it's safe to say that Guy Gardner was THE most unlikable hero of the 90's! From Justice League America #39(June 1990).

8 comments:

  1. Aww well X, I'm truly sorry to hear that sir. Just think once you get these exams and what not out the way you can have some free time.

    But good luck on your upcoming exams.


    Oh and the scan, Guy Gardner is such a douche. lol.

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Falisha! I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this weekend! I'm telling you, I plan on sleeping pretty much ALL of Saturday! :p

    "Oh and the scan, Guy Gardner is such a douche." HA! I don't think I could have said it better myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. I'm sure you'll ace them. You always seem to be busy studying and doing classwork. :)

    And he is. Lol. Even when I read Green Lantern: Rebirth he seemed like such a jerk. Especially towards Hal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last panel reminds me of the old Superman covers where Aquaman would be crawling toward him begging for water, but Supes, jerk that he is, just stood smirking above him with an ice-filled pitcher of it.

    Oh, and fun fact about the Fourteen Points: did you know that none other than Ho Chi Minh was in Versailles in 1919, hoping to present his own eight-point program for improving Vietnam to Wilson at the peace conference? Needless to say, that didn't happen, giving us yet another thing we can (partly) blame on the First World War: the Vietnam War.

    This has been your weekly history lesson with Marc...hope you're all prepared for the examination next time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially towards Hal.

    well Hal kinda deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Anonymous, that may be true but, Guy is still a douche for it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know Falisha, I think Mr(or Ms)Anonymous may have a really good point. If I were Guy, and Hal had gone insane and destroyed the GLC, I'd be kind of pissed at him too! That's probably one of the FEW times I've actually agreed with Guy!

    Oh man Marc, that's awesome! Being a huge history nerd I did know that(I actually took an entire course on the Vietnam War last spring), but I'm ultra impressed that you knew that as well! Yep, Point #5 of Wilson's 14 Point speech dealt with self-determination for colonies, but of course France and England weren't going to entertain THAT thought. It's too bad because I've read in a few places that Ho Chi Minh only turned to communism after he was rebuked by Wilson, so that's yet another area in which world history could have been radically altered at the meeting in Versailles... Boy, in retrospect, that Treaty REALLY caused a whole lot of grief didn't it? Wow, we've really classed this place up, haven't we Marc? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I'm being a little sexist by assuming it's a guy on a comic blog huh? Well, a douche is still a douche lol, whether they like it or not! jk,

    ReplyDelete