Monday, March 30, 2009

Shakespeare and Superman.

My order from Amazon finally arrived today, which included Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" and "A Mid-Summer's Night Dream". Of course, I needed "Much Ado" for class today, but I didn't actually get my hands on it until I got home from college, which led to me pretending that I knew what the hell was going on in class when in all actuality, I had no fricking clue! Anyway, along with the two Shakespearean plays, I also had ordered "World Without a Superman", which contained all 9 parts of the "Funeral for a Friend" storyline that immediately followed Superman's "death" at the hands of Doomsday. Along with that, I picked up "The Return of Superman" trade, which is nearly the size of a phonebook! This collection contains the whole "Reign of Supermen" storyline that follows after the "Funeral" trade. For the record, this trade includes, Action Comics #687-691, Superman: The Man of Steel #22-26, Superman #78-82, Adventures of Superman #500-505, along with Green Lantern #46, which deals with Hal Jordan learning about the fate of Coast City. Honestly, I'm most looking forward to reading the Green Lantern issue, since the loss of Coast City was pretty much the event that drove poor Hal over the deep end. By my count, that's a whopping 22 comics in this one tpb! Plus, I also have the "Death of Superman" trade that my parents brought me for Christmas a good 15 years ago. I haven't read the "Death" trade in ages, and before I read the new stuff, I might just give the "Death" trade a quick look, so I can read everything as it came out back in the 90's.

Besides that, I also received the "Shade" mini-series that I have so been looking forward to reading today as well. Needless to say, once I finish this post off, I'll be reading all 4 issues of that Shade mini, because to put it simply, the Shade is one of my all-time favorite comic book characters. I can't wait to dig into that mini!

Other than that, I'm just about caught up with the Green Lantern Corps series(I just finished issue #29 last night), so I'll probably be posting something about that series by the end of the week. Once I'm done with the GLC, I'll start reading the current Wonder Woman series from issue #1, up to the present. I'm still waiting(rather impatiently I might add)for the new issues of Daredevil, Captain America and X-Factor to get delivered to me. I'm really looking forward to reading those three books, because lately, they've been blazing hot! Well, I think I've posted about as much random garbage as I possibly can for one night, so, as always, if you've got any questions or comments, post 'em, I'm always happy to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment